Mark your calendar’s and make your plans, the Pacific Astronomy and Telescope show will once again be held in Pasadena, CA at the Civic Center. If you have never been to a major astronomy event, this is a great one to go find out what all the fuss is about. My friends at RTMC have once again outdone themselves with this event. If you are west of the Mississippi, or even farther east and want to visit sunny SoCal, this is your chance.
- At PATS, you’ll be able to:
- See firsthand the latest telescopes, cameras, mounts, software, and accessories from dozens of manufacturers and retailers — all under one roof.
- Learn about making equipment choices for observing and imaging — at any experience level.
- Examine books, star charts, and other astronomical resource materials for all levels of experience and all budgets.
- Enjoy indoor presentations including talks by scientists, observers, industry experts and others.
- Peer through an array of specialized solar telescopes offering breathtaking views of the Sun.
- Attend the 2-day Riverside AstroImaging Workshop (RAW) on the Thursday and Friday before PATS — LEARN MORE
- Tour the famous Mt. Wilson Observatory — REGISTER HERE
The Mt. Wilson Observatory is a blast. You can actually rent the 60″ telescope for a night and have the operators swing the telescope to where ever you want. This is the only telescope of this size I have looked through visually, and the view is phenomenal. You can actually see color in nebulae!
The AstroImaging Workshop this year is scheduled to be a two day event. One day of data collection and one day of learning how to totally process your own image!
Scheduled Presenters for RAW 2012:
If you are into astrophotography or just want to learn how to take amazing deep sky images, this is the place to learn.
If you have written an new show and need copyright protection, or know someone that can use my help, please contact me for a free 30 minute consultation at email@example.com or call TOLL FREE at 1-855-UR IDEAS (1-855-874-3327) and ask for Norman.
– Ex astris, scientia –
I am and avid amateur astronomer and intellectual property attorney. As a former Chief Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy, I am a proud member of the Armed Service Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association working to aid all active duty and veterans in our communities. Connect with me on Google +